Sunday, March 26, 2006

Some kind of medal

11:15 on a Saturday night. Have been out at a "social event" with the lovely wife, threw down a couple of beers and a complimentary glass of wine, never had a real dinner. Feeling relatively exhausted but can't quite find my way to the bedroom.

Inevitably wander to the fridge, where I know there is ice cream laying in wait. Am surprised to find that not only is there the Low Fat pseudo-ice cream food product that usually lurks in the freezer, but that the LW has snuck out at some point during her day and bought a pint of the real stuff, the real GOOD stuff from Cold Stone Creamery so that it’s got all sorts of yummy naughty bits mixed in.

Sweat starts to form on my forehead. Slowly reach for the little Styrofoam container. Open the top and look in. Mmmm…look at that creamy goodness…

Something, not sure what, shifts in my brain. Subtle but distinct. Top goes back on, freezer door closes. It occurs to me that we have a lot of leftover Mediterrean food, hummous and baba ganoosh and such. Realize that a tangy, salty taste is more what I want anyway. Decide on a tidy little bowl of tabouli. Tastes pretty darn good and I go to bed.

Wake-up realizing I should get some kind of freakin medal for the events of the night before. I had the ice cream IN MY HAND.

If I doubted before that this WW process had affected some kind of paradigm shift for me, I do not anymore.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim Ayres said...

A medal is definitely worth pinning to your belly, Lord Lessismore - you are an inspiration.

6:25 AM  
Blogger blestwithsons said...

Sir, I bow to thee! Truly though art favored with mighty abilities of the dragon slaying variety!!

Seriously, tabbouleh instead of ice cream...thou rocketh!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

laughed out loud at this. The laugh of recognition.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home