Thursday, March 23, 2006

Units of Measure

After faithfully following Sir Man Boobs’ weight loss progress in all of his various units of measure, I played some “fun with weight conversion” games and I believe it’s given me a new paradigm of thought.

11.5 stone = 161 pounds ~ 73 kilos
12 stone = 168 pounds ~ 76 kilos

These are the lower and upper boundaries of where I’d like my weight to be. My sweet spot (as it were) is about 163 pounds or roughly 74 kilos. When I start to feel it’s time to rein things in a bit is around 165.5 pounds or roughly 75 kilos.

For some reason, it simplifies things to imagine my weight on a scale of 73 to 76 with the sweet spot at 74. I guess just because the numbers are smaller.

It may be one small and rather esoteric step toward following Thoreau’s simplification edict, but hey, it’s something. The journey to Walden Pond is taken one step at a time…

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim Ayres said...

It's all about using the right tool for the job. And if changing the unit of measurement can make you feel better then it's done it's job.

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home