Monday, November 27, 2006

Blogging keeps you trim

...apparently, since the vestiges of my weight loss program have whittled down to virtually nothing but the tip-tapping of my fingers. And yet, after a Thanksgiving of little restraint, I'm holding steady at 166, only a few pounds above my preferred weight (163) and still a couple of pounds below my Weight Watchers threshold weight of 168. Here are another couple of possibilities:

Hating Work Keeps You Trim

During this past 6 weeks or so, work has been a veritable cavalcade of dismalness as a project I should have had finished back in September drags on and on and on. The internal struggle that fills my mornings as I decide whether to get up, get dressed and go to work versus say, selling the house and moving to Mexico, must burn many calories.

A New Pet Keeps You Trim

After months of being patient and responsible and just darn lovable, our 2nd daughter finally convinced my lovely wife and I that she could handle a puppy. We finally relented about 10 days ago. Having to be hyper-aware of defecation habits of a new little one less than 6 months after our youngest matured out of diapers must burn up all sorts of energy in both sensory awareness and annoyance.

Lack of Sleep Keeps You Trim

My goal for this year was to improve on my 5-6 hours of sleep per night average. At some point during the late summer/early fall, the average moved into the 6-7 hour range but has since slipped back. The force required to keep my eyelids open must burn countless calories.

A Hot Wife Keeps You Trim

A year after I dropped my 25 pounds, the wife buckled down and entered an intense exercise-and-nutrition program since WW was not working for her. About 6 months into it, she is now really starting to see results; the pounds aren't exactly melting away like butter but she has lost some and she's fitter than ever. Most importantly, she looks damn hot in clothes (probably out of them too, but I wouldn't know about that...). So my resurgent testosterone levels must be working to keep my weight down.

Truthfully (and hopefully, the truth won't hurt in this case), I think some of the WW sensibility has sunk in so deeply that, even when I'm "pigging out" over Thanksgiving, I'm actually showing more restraint than I would have in years past. And, come to think of it, I only had 2 beers on T-day versus the 5-6 I might've had in the past, one slice of pie instead of 2 (or even 3), and a modicum of mashed potatoes and stuffing versus an overflowing plateful.

Or possibly, it's just taking a couple of days for the weight to catch up with me and day after tomorrow, I'll step on the scale and see 178...

Sorry to be such a slacker, my comrades, I've been devoting a lot of blogging energy to my other blog at Richmond VA Theater. I promise to do better from here out and, given the temptations of the holidays, I'll need the reminders and support of you all to stay the course. Best of luck navigating these last weeks of 2006!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarachkah said...

I really don't understand how you survive on 5-6 hours of sleep.

Great to see you Saturday!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Iron-Man said...

Yes, check out my recent blog on the Knights of the Round bottoms! blogging seems to help weight loss!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home